Some nights call for a dinner you can whip up for your family in a matter of minutes. When this happens, rely on this tasty, super-quick Eggplant Parmesan recipe. Composed of simple, household staples, thick rounds of eggplant, and plenty of crunchy breadcrumbs, this Italian meal is one that you’ll find yourself making time and again! Best of all, you don’t even have to turn on your oven to complete this meal. For the ultimate in quick cooking, try this Eggplant Parmesan recipe tonight!
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs, seasoned
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup spaghetti sauce
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Dried pasta, optional
- In a small bowl beat the egg and water together. Place the breadcrumbs in shallow dish. Dip eggplant slices in egg mixture then in crumbs, being sure to coat thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add eggplant slices and reduce heat to medium. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown and tender.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over eggplant during last minute of cooking to melt.
- While eggplant is cooking, combine spaghetti sauce and pepper flakes in a microwave-safe measuring cup. Cover with plastic wrap and cook at high power for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Top eggplant with sauce and Parmesan cheese and serve. Note: If you choose to add pasta, prepare according to the ingredients on the box and serve with your Eggplant Parmesan!
The Heights at La Salle Apartments in Durham, North Carolina