Mashed potatoes are a favorite in many American households. Hailing from the United Kingdom, this side dish is typically served with meat and vegetables. The main ingredient – potatoes, obviously – is easy to amplify with your choice of mix-ins. Milk or cream, butter, shredded cheese, bacon, and chives bits are just a few popular options.
Now, that we are approaching the holiday season, you may want to outdo your usual mashed potato recipe, with something creamier, hardier, and more decadent. If this is the case, then boy – do we have the recipe for you. Made with cream cheese, butter, and Parmesan cheese, this recipe for mashed potatoes is rich, filling, and will have your family members coming back for seconds or even thirds! Take a look at the ingredients and directions below:
• 5 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes
• ½ cup butter
• 2 cups Parmesan cheese
• 1 cup chopped fresh chives
• 1?½ cups cream cheese
• ½ medium head garlic, peeled and minced
• 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes; cook until tender but still firm. Drain and return to stove over low heat to dry for 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add butter, Parmesan cheese, chives, cream cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Use a potato masher to mash until smooth.
3. Serve and enjoy!
Preparing the perfect meal for your family can be a challenge—to say the least. With delightful recipe suggestions from The Heights at La Salle Apartments in Durham, North Carolina, you all are sure to eat well every day of the week!