Bath bombs have become a hugely popular product for many at-home self-care routines. All you need to do is simply fill up the bathtub in your Durham apartment home, toss one in the hot, steamy water, and enjoy a relaxing bath-time. Better yet, this DIY Bath Bomb project allows you to enjoy the luxury of the beauty trend without the expensive price tag. Most of the materials in these orange-infused bath bombs can be found in your kitchen or bathroom already. If not, they are ingredients that you should stock up on because they can be used in many other ways around your apartment in Durham, North Carolina. Check out all the materials needed and the instructions below:
• ½ cup corn starch
• ½ cup citric acid
• ½ cup Epsom salt
• 1 cup baking soda
• 1 teaspoon mica powdered soap dye
• 1 tablespoon dried orange peel
• 10 drops orange essential oil
• 2 ½ tablespoons coconut oil, melted
• 1 tablespoon water
• 5 bath bomb molds
1. In a large bowl, combine corn starch, citric acid, Epsom salt, baking soda, mica powder, and dried orange peel. Whisk to incorporate completely.
2. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together coconut oil, essential oil, and water.
3. Very slowly, add the oil mixture to the dry ingredients. Pouring slowly helps make sure the mixture fizzes as little as possible. Mix together until it resembles wet sand and everything is fully incorporated.
4. Transfer the bath bomb mixture into bath bomb molds, making sure to press the mixture tightly into each mold half. Overfill a little to ensure that the two pieces stick together when pressed together. Press the mold pieces together and twist until closed.
5. Allow the bath bombs to dry for at least 24-hours.
6. To remove the bath bombs from the molds, tap the outside of the mold gently and twist each side of the mold and pull apart to remove the bath bomb.
7. Store bath bombs in an airtight container or wrap them in plastic wrap. To use the bath bomb, simply drop it in water and watch it fizz and dissolve.
Inspiration can come from anywhere – just ask the team at The Heights at La Salle Apartments in Durham, North Carolina. By passing along this information, we hope to inspire you with new ideas, projects, and goals, too.