Sweet and bright, National Strawberry Month is everything we love about the month of May. From shortcake to waffles, there are dozens of sweet (and savory) ways to enjoy strawberries. This year, skip your usual store-bought go-to item and make this Strawberry Banana Bread completely from scratch. Check out the ingredients and instructions below!
1 stick of butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs beaten
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt recipe
1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries chopped and tossed in 1 tablespoon of flour
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray two 9x5 loaf pans with non-stick spray, then set aside.
2. In a large bowl, using a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
3. In a small bowl, beat eggs using a fork, then add the eggs to the sugar mixture and beat until combined. Add the mashed bananas and mix until combined.
4. Sift all of the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add sifted dry ingredients to the banana mixture and mix until flour is just combined. Fold in the floured covered strawberries.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pans and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for an additional 30 minutes until the edges are slightly brown or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Let the strawberry banana bread cool completely before removing from loaf pans.
On the hunt for a new favorite recipe to add to your list of staples? The team at The Heights at La Salle Apartments in Durham, North Carolina encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option.